The Community Foundation encourages individuals, families, business and other organisations to contribute to a pool of funds that is held in trust for the current and future needs of the community. These contributions are used by the foundation for philanthropic purposes to benefit the community.
The Foundation is a not for profit organisation with administration costs kept to a minimum to ensure maximum support is delivered to the community.
- Build a sustainable, permanent fund for charitable purposes in the district.
- Manage and invest funds prudently to optimise the funds available for distribution to the community.
- Make grants for the benefit of our community and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Provide a simple cost effective way for donors to make contributions to benefit the community.
- Be part of new initiatives and projects in community building.
- Facilitate partnerships that add value to the work of the foundation and the community.
- Maintain professional standards, integrity and transparency to the community.