Mirboo North & District Community Foundation Supports 12 New Local Projects
This year the Mirboo North & District Community Foundation’s Community Grants Program has awarded grants totaling $47,165 to 12 local community organisations.
Chair of the Mirboo North & District Community Foundation, Paul Pratt, said:
“The $47,165 available through the Foundation’s Community Grants Program forms part of the $117,165 the organisation will make available in grants this year, with the further $70,000 allocated to Strategic Partnerships.
We are proud to have contributed over $440,000 in community grants, sponsorships and donations programs over the past 5 years.”
The 12 successful projects are a wide and varied cross section of the community, including projects in Boolarra, Mirboo and Thorpdale. They are:
- Boolarra Folk Festival
- Mirboo North Artspace
- Mirboo North Italian Festa
- Mirboo North Playgroup
- Mirboo North Primary School (Brekky Club)
- Mirboo North Primary School (Mural)
- Mirboo North Secondary College
- St Mary’s Anglican Church, Mirboo North (Brekky Club)
- St Mary’s Anglican Church, Mirboo North (Movie Night)
- St John’s Ambulance, Latrobe Division
- Thorpdale Recreation Reserve
- Walter J Tuck Recreation Reserve
This is the sixth year that the Foundation has awarded community grants. This year’s successful applicants were announced at an awards ceremony at Mirboo North’s Walter J. Tuck Recreation Reserve on 30 November 2015.