The Mirboo North and District Community Foundation is seeking a Communications Officer to join its team.
The ideal candidate would be committed to supporting the Community Foundation build strong communities through giving, facilitating and investing in our district (Boolarra, Mirboo North, Dumbalk, Thorpdale, Yinnar and the surrounding areas).
The position description for the role is outlined below.
|Salary||Salary based on qualifications skills and experience|
|Reports to||Executive Officer|
|Conditions of Employment||In accordance with the terms and conditions of the Social, Community, Home Care, Disability Services Award, 2010|
|Status||Flexible Part Time (0.2 EFT)|
|Term of Position||Permanent Part time|
|Location||MNDCF offices at Co-Space, 96 Ridgway, Mirboo North|
Primary Responsibilities & Tasks
The Communications Officer’s primary responsibility will be managing the Community Foundation’s social media, media releases, e-newsletter and website.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Community Engagement Strategy 2021-2024
- Management of Community Foundation’s social media, including content creation and engagement.
- Preparation and circulation of media releases.
- E-newsletter preparation
- Carry out other duties as negotiated.
Key Selection Criteria – skills, knowledge & experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Highly developed written communication skills including the ability to write for different audiences: e.g. media releases, content for website and social media, taking minutes.
Social Media skills
- Demonstrated experience in content creation (including images) and scheduling on social media.
- Demonstrated experience in managing engagement on Facebook and Instagram.
- Familiarity with current social media algorithms.
Marketing and graphic design skills and experience would be of benefit but not essential.
Performance will be measured by:
- Agreed performance appraisal objectives and targets
- The extent to which position and responsibilities are achieved
- The degree of professionalism, flexibility displayed.
Employment Hours and Conditions
The Communications Officer is a permanent part-time position for 8 hours per week.
There is a six-month probationary period. The ongoing nature of this position is dependent on annual performance appraisals linked to the satisfactory performance of agreed outcomes. Some evening work will be required for meetings.
Remuneration is dependent on skills and experience. Normal statutory remuneration conditions such as superannuation, leave entitlements etc. will apply.
Office location is in Mirboo North with flexibility to work from home.
- You will be required to provide evidence of any professional qualifications
- Current police check
- A declaration of any pre-existing health issues and any unresolved work cover matters that may impact on your ability to perform the duties as required.
- Current Victorian driver’s license.
An application addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria plus a current resume detailing the name and contact details of 1 or more professional referees should be sent by Sunday 8th August 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org